Question : Individual & Bulk Reporting for MySQL Database

Hello,

I need to create an interface for the database I have. It is a grade and narrative evaluation database for a school. Right now I have a crude PHP script I have written that simply parses the data after verifying their username and password against a table but I would like it to be a little bit more elegant if possible. The solution is probably just to go learn CSS but I would rather see if there is a better solution or some automated way of doing it.

Essentially I create a view table that has four or five tuples for each student. So Jimmy Doe might be listed five times, once for each class. All tuples (rows) are unique. When the person enters my current PHP script I have it simply query the table and loop through until there are no more entries. It works, but again, not the most elegant.

Some schools for which I am creating this database would rather print out their own evaluations on paper. The PHP form doesnt currently support that so it would be nice if they had an automatic reporting function of types built in that could do both, provide online access or print access for internal office use to print them as a batch all at once. It sort of manually removes me from the loop as I wind up parsing all the information through Microsoft Words Mail Merge which turns out to generally be a disaster.

Any ideas appreciated!

Answer : Individual & Bulk Reporting for MySQL Database

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us