Question : Silverlight bandwidth performance

I've built applications using ASP and ASP.NET and have been looking at Silverlight cautiously.  While the flash of the content is superb I wonder about it's performance.  How does Silverlight compare to ASP.NET/HTML/Javascript when doing similar tasks?  (Albeit Silverlight does them with James Bond charm)  If Silverlight is a bandwidth hog I'm not sure that my servers will want anything to do with it.  Is sleekly designed Silverlight equally efficient?

Answer : Silverlight bandwidth performance

If you want a Rich Interaction UI you can go for Silverlight else you can go for asp.net(Not saying like we can't have a good UI in asp.net).  

I don't think there is any other big difference in choosing asp.net or Silverlight. Silverlight is equally efficient. You can call javascrit functions from SilverLight. Silverlight will hit the sever for retrieving a resource file or a servier call.

And with silverlight you should make Asynchronous calls to your service for good UI response. In silverlight you can make use of all API's which is available in .net 3.5 while coding.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us