Question : Access 2003 report to print labels

Hi.  I have an access 2003 department inventory db.  I have a report that acts as a label temple to enable the user to print labels after entering the data in the system. Problem is that sometimes, labels on the avery label sheet have been used so they don't start at the top of the page.  However, the labels on the report always start at the top.  Is there a way to have the user select via a form, how many rows from the top to start.  PS. see the template below. There are two columns. The report is actually based on a tblLabelsTemp.  I would like to create a labels form I plan to display the tblLabelsTemp as a subform on this form and would like a dropdown or text box in which the user would enter how many spaces down to start printing in the even that the avery labels sheet is not full.

Background info:
The user enters info into a records inventory form (this is for a Records Management group) The form has a check box that says "send this label to printing que"  what is actually happening is that when the checkbox is updated and has a value of "-1",  the current record is duplicated via an update query to the tblLabelTemp. This tblLabelTemp feeds the Labels report.

Answer : Access 2003 report to print labels

This should give you an idea.  This code will popup a box asking you which label you want to start printing on.  You can expand this by designing a form to look like the particular label page you are using, and allow the user to select the label to start on.
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
Private StartPosn As Integer
Private CurrentLabel As Integer

Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)

CurrentLabel = CurrentLabel + 1
    If CurrentLabel < StartPosn Then
        Me.NextRecord = False
        Me.PrintSection = False
    End If

End Sub

Private Sub Report_Open(Cancel As Integer)

StartPosn = InputBox("Start on label:")

End Sub
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us