Question : Outbound mail from Small Business Server 2003

I need some help configuring outbound mail from SBS2003

Although I have configured a few servers using the CEIC Wizard, that is not working in this case.  Neither the ISPs smtp server, nor DNS are working from the standard SBS configutration GUI.  I suspect that the ISP is blocking the outbound traffic, but I don't have the necessary skills to know how to confirm this.  I can offer the following information:

Outbound mail from Outlook on a stand alone PC works at this site with the ISP's smtp server (mail.bellsouth.net) and no authentication is needed

Outbound mail from SBS2003 does not work at this site with the ISP's smtp server (mail.bellsouth.net)

Outbound mail from Outlook on a stand alone PC at this site works with a smarthost at GoDaddy when the outbound SMTP prort is set to 80 and authentication is configured (smtpout.secureserver.net)

Outbound mail from SBS2003 does not work with a smarthost at GoDaddy -- I don't now how to setup authentication in SBS for this account, or change the outbound smtp port.

I have looked at the configuration of the SMTP connector in Exchange  (both SBS mangement "advanced" options, as well as MS Exchange System Mgr., but several "guesswork" solutions have failed to to get any mail flowing out of this server

Inbound mail via the default POP3 connector in SBS2003 is working fine.
No firewall on my side other than NAT on a linksys router
ISP is bellsouth.net residential service
Static IP at this site

Much thanks in advance for any help with this.

Peter Tiemann

Answer : Outbound mail from Small Business Server 2003

You can set the outgoing port per smtp virtual server:

SMTP virtual server -> Properties --> Delivery Tab --> Outbound Connections --> TCP Port.

There you can set it to 80.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us