Question : Printing Drafts in Outlook 2007 - Showing Date sent

We have users who frequently print draft emails from outlook 2007.

All of the header information is there. To:, From:, Date: Etc. However, when printing a draft email, there is no indication that it a draft on the printed page. In fact it actually says "Sent" right under the bold line after the persons name who is printing the message.

This is a problem because these particular users rely on the printed copies of these drafts. Without knowing or remembering that these items are not actually sent, or checking the original draft folder, there is no way to tell on the printed copy that the email is a draft.

Is there a way to change the behaviour in Outlook to include the word Draft or at least get rid of the word "Sent:" in the header of the draft email when printed to differentiate at a glance between printed draft emails, and Printed sent emails?
Any help that you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Answer : Printing Drafts in Outlook 2007 - Showing Date sent

OntarioMedicalAssociatin,

I am not aware of any such setting in Outlook 2007 natively.    However, you may find an Expert here who can code the change for you.  I cannot speak on that with any authority.

An alternative is to use your printer drivers to accomplish your goal, though.  Most modern drivers will allow you to add watermarks, and all HP printers, for example, have "DRAFT" as a built-in watermark.  I know that is adding a couple of steps to your process, but it would help alleviate the problem until a more proper solution could be coded for you.

Cheers,

DrUltima
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us