Question : How do I link multiple forms with Required Fields in Access that update one table

I am creating a database in Access 2003.  The form I created to update one of the main tables in the database is actually four forms linked with a "next" button.  I say the forms are linked, but my problem is that when I enter a new record using this form/forms, I get errors when I attempt to save a new record.  The error states that  some required field has not been entered, but the required field was in fact entered  on one of the 'linked' forms prior to the last of the linked forms, where I am attempting to save the new record.  I followed the steps below (which I received in a previous post) to create what I thought would be a link between the four forms needed to add a new record to the database.  

Follow these steps:
1) Open form in design view
2) drag on a Command button from the tool bar
3) Open the property sheet for the command button (Menu>>View>>Properties)
4) Click on the Events tab
5) In the OnClick Event, type a Left Bracket ([) in that row. You should then see [Event Procedure] appear.
6) On the far right, you will see three dots ... click that icon.
7) You will now see

Private Sub Command1_Click()

End Sub

Insert this line of code:

docmd.OpenForm "Your2ndFormName",acNormal,"[IDFieldName] = " & Me.IDFieldName

resulting in

Private Sub Command1_Click()

docmd.OpenForm "Your2ndFormName",acNormal,"[IDFieldName] = " & Me.IDFieldName

End Sub

My 'forms' are linked with a NEXT button.  Now how do I link the data?

Answer : How do I link multiple forms with Required Fields in Access that update one table

I think an easier solution would be to use the tabcontrol instead of different forms.  This places all of your data on one form(Access likes that).  You could hide the tabs and use your next button to show the next tab.  This would give you the added benefit of being able to use a back button as well.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us