Question : Is there a way to install IIS using Configuration Manager 2007?

I would like to install IIS to a handful of computers using SCCM's software distribution. I don't have permissions to change the operating system task sequence (nor will they change or do a new task sequence for me), but can create and deploy packages.
Normally we'd just visit those computers and enable it in add/remove programs windows componets. I am deploying to XP workstations.

Thanks!

Answer : Is there a way to install IIS using Configuration Manager 2007?

Sure, you can create a new Package in SCCM to install IIS....

I have done this for Windows 2003 servers...

I assume that you are familiar with creating packages already...  

I use Alteris Wise Installer to create packages... the tricky part with installing IIS, is that you have to pick the correct source files and include this in your package.  (you know, the files you need when you manually install IIS from Add/Remove, it askes you for the CD...  you need to add these to the package..or have a spot on the network where these files are available)

Anyway, you can create a package that installs IIS...  I did something similar for installing windows 2003 R2 DFS components.  manually, you go into add remove and pick DFS... but I want'ed to automatic it...

You are also going to use silent switches to control the installation without user prompts... for DFS components, I used the switches seen in the screen shot...

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us