Question : Access 2007 Error on Program Start

Hello All,
Problem:
There is an install of Access 2007 that has been having problems lately. I get an error on trying to start the program that says "Automatic configuration of the current version of Microsoft office Access has failed. Your database might not function correctly. This can occur if you do not have the necessary permissions to install Microsoft Office Access on this computer"

Steps That I have Tried:
I have tried to uninstall the program, and it says that it failed to uninstall. I tried to put in the upgrade disc that I used to update from Access 2003, and that just gives an error on the screen and asks to send an error to windows.

I have also tried to give the user full permissions for the Microsoft Office directory in the Program Files, and that didn't work.

I also tried the fix from:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Microsoft/Development/MS_Access/Q_23859229.html?sfQueryTermInfo=1+access+automat+configur+current+fail+ha+microsoft+offic+version

Those steps did not work.

System Environment:
The machine is Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3 and is in a domain with Active Directory. The program is not installed through a server, just installed on the machine from a disk. This was an update from Access 2003 to Access 2007 that worked until a few weeks ago.

I hope I have given enough information for Help.

Answer : Access 2007 Error on Program Start

We have tried that and it didn't work, is the only thing left to rebuild the systems or gut out the office suite
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us