Question : Unable to load Local Users and Groups

In Computer Management under System Tools, the Local Users and Groups icon is marked with a red circle and a white X in the middle (which means there's an error with it).  On the right pane, instead of loading the users and groups, it gives me an error that says:

Unable to access the computer COMPUTERNAME.  The error was: Error loading type library\DLL.

Does anyone know why this error occurs.  Is it a corrupted DLL?  I don't even know the name of the dll it is trying to load.  How can I recover my local users and groups?

P.S. This is a Windows 2000 Advanced server machine.

Thanks.

Answer : Unable to load Local Users and Groups

www.sysinternals.com has quite a few useful utilities.

Process explorer
Find out what files, registry keys and other objects processes have open, which DLLs they have loaded, and more. This uniquely powerful utility will even show you who owns each process.

Filemon v6.07
This monitoring tool lets you see all file system activity in real-time. It works on all versions of WinNT/2K/XP, Windows 9x/Me, Windows XP 64-bit Edition, and Linux.

Regmon v6.06
This monitoring tool lets you see all Registry activity in real-time. It works on all versions of WinNT/2K, Windows 9x/Me and Windows 64-bit.

etc etc

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us