Question : Need Fast Help: Macro Security Issue with Vista/Office 2007 from 2000 Database

I saw a prior post which stated:
What references do you currently have in your project?

If you're running into the Macro Security issue (which your error message seems to hint at), then you'll need to remove the call to Format from your query. You can try wrapping the Format() function:

Function CallFormat(InputString As String, FormatString As String) As String
  CallFormat= Format(InputString, FormatString)
End Function

This gets around the issue where some commands aren't allowed at higher security levels ... it's a pain, but it's the fix recommended by MS."

I am not sure how to set up the call format.  Is there a way to simply disable the macro security inside Vista for the computer (will that even fix this).  Or can someone please help guide me through the CallFormat code implementation in stupid people terms.

Thank you.

Answer : Need Fast Help: Macro Security Issue with Vista/Office 2007 from 2000 Database

" Is there a way to simply disable the macro security inside Vista for the computer "

You can disable it via the menu.  I'm not on my A2007 machine at the moment, but if you start with the Upper left hand corner button ... and drill down from there ... you will find it ... ultimately under Access Options>>Macro (in)security.

mx
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us