Question : Verification Process

Hi Experts,

I am currently preparing a tracking tool for Invoices. I would like to have Experts idea and help on how to verify certain action to shows that the person checked the detail of the invoices and verified it by performing certain action in row-R and I besides date entry.

Hope Experts can help to create something in this rows to confirm the person has verified the invoices. I have attached the .xls file for your perusal.  

Answer : Verification Process

Theva,
If you use Forms toolbar checkboxes, you can use one sub to capture the check/uncheck event for all of the checkboxes. For this reason, I suggest deleting your existing checkboxes and replacing them with ones from the Forms toolbar. The Checkboxer macro runs when the checkboxes are checked or unchecked and populates the adjacent cell with a date (or clears the date).

To facilitate developing your form, I wrote a routine that will automatically add a checkbox to a cell when you doubleclick it. If the cell is in column H (or to the left), it will be captioned "Verified". Otherwise, it will be captioned "Yes". This routine automatically sets the OnAction property of the checkbox and changes the font color for the cell to white. You should delete this Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick sub after you finish developing the workbook.

The attached workbook includes the code.

Brad
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:
17:
18:
19:
20:
'Goes in code pane for worksheet containing checkboxes. Only needed during form development--delete when complete.
Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
'Adds a Forms toolbar checkbox to the cell being double-clicked
'Checkbox value is linked to that same cell, using a white font color
With ActiveSheet.CheckBoxes.Add(Target.Left, Target.Offset(1, 0).Top - 15, 50, 10)
        .LinkedCell = Target.Address
        .Name = "cb" & Target.Address(False, False)     'Name it like "cbA11"
        .Caption = IIf(Target.Column < 9, "Verified", "Yes")
        .OnAction = "Checkboxer"
    End With
    Target.Font.ColorIndex = 2     'White font color for linked cell TRUE/FALSE value
    Cancel = True
End Sub

'Goes in a regular module sheet
Sub Checkboxer()
Dim celCheckbox As Range
Set celCheckbox = ActiveSheet.Shapes(Application.Caller).TopLeftCell
celCheckbox.Offset(0, 1).Value = IIf(celCheckbox = True, Date, "")
End Sub

Your workbook with code installed & Forms toolbar checkboxes

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us