Question : FrontPage 2003 WEBDav question

I have a web site in the building here hosted on a Windows Server 2003 IIS box.  I publish to it using both Expressions WEB and FP 2003.

In both programs, when I view my local/remote sites in a split screen, my remote site will not show the existing files that are present on the remote site.  There must be over 100 pages, pictures, folders, etc on the remote site but they are not visible in the remote pane.  I've tried to sync the two, publish from remote to local and still, the remote files do not show.

Also, I'd like to publish from the remote to the local so I'd have a copy of the web on my local PC but when I publish from remote to local, nothing comes down.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cliff

Answer : FrontPage 2003 WEBDav question

very strange: found this it may help: taken from http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?referrerid=109801&t=343816

Before setting up your WebDAV publishing directory, ensure that your publishing directory resides in an NTFS partition and be sure the WebDAV extension is enabled in IIS Manager.

To verify this, check the WebDAV option under the Web Service Extensions node in IIS Manager

Extra stuff in case you have to set it up from scratch or want to check settings:

Create a directory on your Web server and set the desired NTFS permissions. You can create this directory anywhere on your Web server.

In IIS Manager, create a virtual directory and set the desired virtual directory permissions. For instructions, see Using Virtual Directories.

Type WebDAV as the alias for this virtual directory, and link it to the physical directory you created.

After you finish setting up a WebDAV virtual directory, you can allow clients to publish to it. For information on how users can connect to the directory through any of the Microsoft WebDAV clients, see About WebDAV.

For more information about NTFS and IIS user rights, see Access Control with IIS 6.0.

Bit of info on the error you're getting:

When any non-specific error message occurs when you attempt to open a Web Folder, you receive the following prompt to browse to the URL:
Internet Explorer could not open Web_address as a Web Folder. Would you like to see its default view instead?
If you click No, the procedure is canceled. If you click Yes, Internet Explorer attempts to open the Web site. If Internet Explorer is unable to open the Web site, you may have specified a server that does not exist. If Internet Explorer can open the Web site, you may have specified a protocol that is not supported by Web Folders, or the server does not support the WebDAV protocol or does not have FrontPage Extensions installed.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us