Question : Need to create a tickler to indicate when a project is due or within 5-days of being due.

Need to create a tickler to indicate when a project is due or within 5-days of being due.

I have set up a database which is being designed to record and track small to medium projects and tasks.  The task name, brief description, person assigned to the task, begin date, due date and actual completion date are records along with other information.

What I need is a simple tickler system which will indicate when a project is overdue or within 5 days of being due according to the due date.

How can I:

1.  Have the due date turn "yellow" when its due date is within 5-days and blink and/or turn red when the due date has
been reached.  Otherwise the due date will be black.

2.  Make a report which will list all projects or tasks that or over due or within 5-days of being due.

I know how to make forms and reports but don't know how to write the code necessary to detect when a project is over due or within 5-days of being due.  I guess that the code will automatically compare the current date to the due date and follow a rule.  I also guess that this will be in a query for the report.  

Any help you can give will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Answer : Need to create a tickler to indicate when a project is due or within 5-days of being due.

Hi sherman6789,
> 1.  Have the due date turn "yellow" when its due date is within 5-days and blink
> and/or turn red when the due date has been reached.  Otherwise the due date will be black.

You should be able to use Conditional Formatting for that.

> 2.  Make a report which will list all projects or tasks that or over due or within
> 5-days of being due.

In the WHERE cluase of the source query, something like:

WHERE (Date() + 5) >= [DueDate]

Regards,

Patrick
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us