Question : Use of Cards.dll in VB.NET

hi, i am making a card game in vb.net and need some help getting the cards to display. this is what have gathered so far

Declare Function cdtInit Lib "Cards.Dll" (ByVal dx As Long, ByVal dy As Long) As Long

Declare Function cdtDrawExt Lib "Cards.Dll" (ByVal hdc As Long, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal dx As Long, ByVal dy As Long, ByVal ordCard As Long, ByVal iDraw As Long, ByVal clr As Long) As Long

Declare Function cdtDraw Lib "Cards.Dll" (ByVal hdc As Object, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal iCard As Long, ByVal iDraw As Long, ByVal clr As Long) As Long

Declare Function cdtTerm Lib "Cards.Dll" () As Long

after setting up the cards.dll, so to exactly draw the card, i need the following

cdtDraw(me.hdc, 100, 100, 4, 0, 1), the trouble is with the me.hdc part
it works in vb6 but not dot net

i have a picturebox and want to be able to draw the windows cards in it.

any help would be great thanks guys

Answer : Use of Cards.dll in VB.NET

Hi,

If you are working at the Windows API level then you have an hDC but if you are working at the Visual Basic .NET level then you need to be working with an instance of the Graphics class.
A real easy way to get an instance of the Graphics object representing a specific form's drawing surface is from the PaintEventArgs.Graphics property, and an easy way to get an hDC (handle to a device context) is from an instance of the Graphics' object's GetHdc method.

have alook at this url
http://www.codeguru.com/vb/gen/vb_misc/gamesandfun/article.php/c5617/

it have more information that might be useful to you.

Hope that this helps you.

Regards,
Venki

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us