Question : Why do I get "Database is invalid" Errors

Environment:
Because of the quantity of datarequests we replaced the Visual FoxPro ODBC driver (server hungs) by the Visual FoxPro OLE DB driver.
We use a config.fpw in the OLE DB folder with the next parameters:
ENGINEBEHAVIOR=70
TABLEVALIDATE=0

The backoffice is based on the Visual Foxpro 9.0 databases. The webapplication is written in Classic ASP. Through the day there are more than 80.000 requests from about 300 users.
We use the OLE DB driver only for requests. We never write directly to the tables.
Backoffice and Webserver are both Windows 2003 included latest SP and patches.

Problem:
The databases are controled bij a Visual FoxPro Accounting Program. Client uses the webapplication to see their figures. First we use the Visual FoxPro ODBC driver but with high traffic we got errors and server hungs.
Now we use the Visual FoxPro OLE DB driver.
But we got sometimes 1:1000 errors like "Database is invalid. Please validate."
I don't understand this error.
The customer can ignore it and without problems continuing. So It seems therefore no real error.

It's also strange to me because of the parameter TABLEVALIDATE=0 .
This should mean that there's no table validation.

Finally I got with the OLE DB driver also sometimes errors like:
The fields in table '\\servername\path\ledger.dbf' did not match the entries in the database.

Same as the error before, it never happens with the ODBC and we cann't detect this error as a real error in the backoffice.

Is it possible to prevent or ignore these errors?

Answer : Why do I get "Database is invalid" Errors

We did a lot of study after this problem, but it wasn't possible to get a solution

Last monday I saw the new VFP OLEDB driver from MicroSoft on: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e1a87d8f-2d58-491f-a0fa-95a3289c5fd4&displaylang=en

The version is 9.0.0.5815
The same version as included with VFP 9.0 SP2

After installation all the problems are gone.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us