Question : EVT to CSV conversion

I have an automated system that dumps each workstations event logs to evt's and then clears them on a weekly basis.  I now have to extract some useful stats from these logs but I'm finding that getting data out of the evt's is beyond painful and converting them to csv is pretty labor intensive.  Basically I'm looking at grabbing log on/off stats for several groups of 30 systems over the course of a month.  So 30 logs x 4 dumps/month x 10 groups = lotsa' evt's to go through.  This would be much easier if they were plain old csv's that I could just copy/paste data from.  Is there an app or script that will convert these evt's to csv's without having to touch each one?

Answer : EVT to CSV conversion

There's a wonderful free Microsoft tool called Logparser...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=890cd06b-abf8-4c25-91b2-f8d975cf8c07&displaylang=en

Once you figure out how to use it you'll find it tremendously powerful and fast too.

I used to use it a lot, but not in my current role and no longer have access to my old servers, otherwise I'd send you some sample queries. It's ace at querying event log files, active directory, SQL logs and lots of other stuff too.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us