Question : user can not login after the complete restore of AD

Hi experts,

I have a windows server 2003 std edition domain controller with 30 users, it was working fine suddenly it crashed i restored it from the backup, now the server is running fine but i the user can not login to server, when disjoin it from domain and rejoin agian it works but with different profiles, then i have copy all the file from previous profile to the new one inlcuding reconfiguring pop3 in outlook for them,

is there any way just to simply reset this user acconts or computer accounts to this server again without disjoining and joining again

your quick response is appreciated,

thanks

Answer : user can not login after the complete restore of AD

Yes absolutley, the same applies to user passwords - basically everything. If you only have one DC and restore it from a 15 day old backup , then everything is reset back to that point. Any computer or user passwords changed since then will be invalid.

The error message you described is due to computer account passwords being incorrect but the same applies to user passwords so any changed in the last 15 days will need to be reset, or if they can remember their old password, use that to login.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us