Question : Free/Busy Info and OAB

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2007, i managed to get all of the mailboxes transferred but did lose some of the public folders. I have accepted defeat there and am now trying to iron out some of the errors i am still getting. One error is to do with the Free/Busy schedules which looks like it is still situated on the old server but they physically no longer exist on that server. I cannot change or delete the folders from Exchange 07 because it tries to contact the folders on the Exchange 2000 server, they arent there. Is there any way for me to remove the Free/Busy and the OAB from Exchange 07 and recreate them?

When i go into Exchange System Manager > Public Folder Management > System Public Folers > Offline Address Book it reports as being here:

/o=HALCOMMS/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List

Halcomms is the old server, not the new server.

Clicking delete gives the following:

--------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Exchange Error
Action 'Remove' could not be performed on object '/o=HALCOMMS/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List'.

/o=HALCOMMS/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List
Failed
Error:
Cannot delete the object '\NON_IPM_SUBTREE\OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK\/o=HALCOMMS/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List'. Please make sure that you specified the correct identity and that you have the correct permissions to delete it.

MapiExceptionPartialCompletion: Unable to delete folder. (hr=0x40680, ec=0)
Diagnostic context:
    Lid: 18969   EcDoRpcExt2 called [length=54]
    Lid: 27161   EcDoRpcExt2 returned [ec=0x0][length=85][latency=0]
    Lid: 23226   --- ROP Parse Start ---
    Lid: 27962   ROP: ropDeleteFolder [29]
    Lid: 17082   ROP Error: 0x80070005
    Lid: 19297  
    Lid: 21921   StoreEc: 0x80070005
    Lid: 27962   ROP: ropNone [0]
    Lid: 26881  
    Lid: 21817   ROP Failure: 0x80070005
    Lid: 24721  
    Lid: 20625   StoreEc: 0x80070005

OK

Answer : Free/Busy Info and OAB

that is good.
you can stop all the exchange services on the old server or shutdown the old server for few days and check if users report any issues.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us