Question : decrypt access database

I have an access database password protected and contains a single table. After I enter the password and open the table I found that the data looks like encrypted. Sample like this
"ÅWGÉܼG"
Even I dont know it is encrypted or corrupted.
The person who has made this database and a windows application in VB6 to access this has left the firm without notice and no source code available. Now I have to make the same interface in c# windows application.

How can I access this data using c#.
Regards

Answer : decrypt access database

If it's corrupted, then try to Compact the database (make a copy first). If you can't open it in Access, you can use the JetComp utility (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/273956).

If it's encrypted:

When you open a database that is encrypted BY ACCESS, Access will decrypt the data "on the fly" ... that is, if you successfully open an encrypted database and then doubleclick a table to view it, Access will show it to you in a decrypted state. This would lead one to believe that the data in YOUR database is encrypted by some other method, and as such we would be unable to assist you (EE guidelines prohibit this). You would need to have this method in order to use the data.

Suffice it to say that if your VB programmer knew what they were doing and used a strong encryption measure, you'll have a heckuva time decrypting this.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us