Question : outlook 2003 attach item problem (attach as email)

Hi,

Kindly assist what could be wrong MS Outlook 2003.

When adding an attachment as item > then selecting an email in the list.

I gives an error "The operation failed".

Please advice if there's another way to do this or how to resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Answer : outlook 2003 attach item problem (attach as email)

This is exactly why I had posted to try to attach with the work aound above. Since you were getting an error when trying to attach..

Anyways, you can try the following if the above work around did not work..

First, open Outlook, and right click on Outlook Today. Go to Properties, and click on the Folder Size button. Make sure that the total size of Outlook Today (Including Subfolders) is no more greater than 750 000 KB. If any greater than that, create a PST, and move some stuff to it.

Next, if you have any other PST in your Outlook, right click on each one of them, go to Properties, and Click on Folder Size. Make sure, again that your PST Size do not exceed 750 000 KB. Microsoft tells us that you can go up to 2 GB of data, but I had so many calls at the help desk (And still do) regarding issues with PST`s greater than 750 MB that I always check this when getting some wierd error.

Finally if all your PSTs and Mailbox sizes are OK, and you get the same messages when trying to attach by drag and drop, Close down Outlook, and go to Start, Run, Outlook.exe /s
This should open Outlook in Safe Mode. Try to attach your message (either way) from Safe Mode. See if this works..
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us