Question : MS Access Radio Button and Text Field Required....

If somebody could walk me through how to make a radio button and text field required before the form could be submitted that would help. I'm also trying to figure out how to add a saved button because the users using the form might not be so savy in saving the form as the data is entered.

Thanks,

Brian

Answer : MS Access Radio Button and Text Field Required....

...somehow I managed to submit the answer before finishing.....

so picking up where I left off....

Private Sub OptionGroupFrameName_AfterUpdate()
    If Me.OptionGroupFrameName = 1 Then
             Me.txtQOne = "Helper"
   ElseIf Me.OptionGRoupFrameName = 2 Then
             Me.txtQOne = "Eveluator"
   Else
             Me.txtQOne = ""
   End If
End Sub

You could do this for each of your questions so that effectively what was happening is the users answers were being recorded in a hidden text box.  If you are saving these answers to a table, then bind each of the text boxes to the associated table.  

You could then simply make each table field Required.  Then when a user goes to save or submit the form, if one of the options have not been selected, then the database will warn the user to complete all fields.

Otherwise, if its not attached to a table then you need to structure a check that all fields are complete before the submit proceedure. If your not adding data to a table and just have a submit proceedure, then let us know and I can paste up some code to assist loop through the fields to ensure each are complete.

Cheers
DeZZar.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us