Question : Task Sequence question

Hello,
     I am using SCCM SP2 and MDT 2010 to perform a OS deploy of Windows 7.  At this point everything seems to be working fine.  I do have a question around adding to the task sequence that I have created.  I have several application with config files in the %systemroot% that need to be included in the user state capture of the machine.  And then reimported during the loadstat. Also, is their a way I could have a install software task run with an IF statement based on the config files.  What I want is IF the task sequence discovers this config file it backs it up. And later Installs this specific software package based on IF it saw a config file.  After the install it places the backed up config back in the directory.  I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Answer : Task Sequence question

OK .. yes your last post is accurate

As for question #1, you can add as many lines like '
Question #3 is a little tricky, as you need to restore the file first before you can detect it's precense for the install, I presume that is because you don't want to override the config file with the install ....If this is the case you could do the following.

(1)  Create a TS group AFTER the state restore, with the TS condinition described in the original post
(2)  First task in the group, rename the restored config file e.g. cmd /c ren c:\windows\myconfig.ini c:\windows\myconfig.bak.  (Make sure that any 'CMD prompt' command line  starts with cmd /c)
(3)  Second Task, install the software
(4) Third Task, copy the renamed file back to the original file name e.g. cmd /c copy c:\windows\myconfig.bak c:\windows\myconfig.ini /y

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us