Question : FRX error

Hi there guys,
I have had this problem for quiet a while now.
the version i have is frx 6.7.10343 (SP9 and SP10 installed)
I basically tried everything,
The sysdata and IO_data are on a network directory.
I tried copying the files to my local computer and changed the directory of the sysdata to local but still gives the same error.
The problem is occuring on two computers one is windows XP SP3 and the other is Vista SP2 so its not related to OS.
Please advise.
thanks,
Barrak

Answer : FRX error

Yup i also recommend you to kindly check the rights of that particular personnel on the sysdata folder which is on server. You can check this through accessing UNC path like goto start menu => Run type \\server name\Sysdata. If this is allright then check its local path of io data folder. It should ideally be at this location

C:\program files\FRxsoftware\FRx6.7\io_data

or you can match it with the users who are using FRX correctly. When you have installed the FRX then i hope in destination path of SYSDATA you have mentioned the SYSDATA path of server folder which i have asked you to access through UNC above in this post.  

Note:
1.That all clients using FRX should have the same ODBC connection name as serve'sr ODBC connection name and when you are configuring an ODBC connection then In how should SQL Server verify the authenticity of the login ID? option
You have to check
With SQL server authhentication using a login ID and password entered by the user
Now use user id as SA and its appropriate password.
2.In SQL server client you should check that mix-mode authentication is selected.

Most of the all I would recommend you to compare these systems with the systems running FRX on them then you can easily figure it out. Hope this will help you out.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us