Question : recovering *Contacts* from an old .OST file???

I fear I may know the answer to this question ("not possible") but I thought I would ask the experts...

The situation is this - the Exhange servers that hosted the email acct. in question are gone (i.e., the company has gone out of business).  Emails stored in personal folders on local hard drives (i.e, in .PST files) are saved / recovered - no problem.  

The issue is folks are also looking to recover the *Contacts* (and in some cases Calendar data - although Contacts are def. most important) in their .OST files, which they still have on their local hard drives.

This must be done without access to the orig. Exchange server.

I have found a util on ZDNET called "Exchange Recovery" that gives great demo *but* they want $500 for the working version.  Unfortunately, we are talking about people who have just lost their livelihood due to the company closing.  It's hard for them to justify spending the $500.

Does anyone know how one can import/extract/recover the Contacts contained with an offline .OST folder.

[ NOTE - I am NOT talking about .PST files - that's not the issue.  Recovery of the data within the .OST files is the thing that I cannot figure out. ]

Thanks in advance.

Answer : recovering *Contacts* from an old .OST file???

The closest is evaluate() . But most people avoid it when possible.  It can be a bit more performance intensive. It's also not very secure.

Since most scopes can be accessed with array notation, perhaps there's a better way to achieve your goal without using evaluate. What do you need to do exactly?
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us