Question : Formula, Function or Macro that will eliminate the last 6 characters from a cell value

I have a column with as many as 3000 entries, some of which have the string " (OLD)" at the end. For example, G9 might be "E0718", G10 = "E2150 (OLD)", and G11="367". I can get the desired results with the formula below, but I wouldn't want 50 of these in a workbook let alone 3,000.
What's the most economical way to do this?

Thanks,
John
Code Snippet:
1:
=IF(RIGHT(VLOOKUP(F10,'\\taus-inas3\toledo_share\Depts\css\A_ILS & Reliability\Reliability\1-CURRENT\Monthly Flight Hours\[Copy of t_FH.xls]t_FH'!E:G,2,0),1)=")",LEFT(VLOOKUP(F10,'\\taus-inas3\toledo_share\Depts\css\A_ILS & Reliability\Reliability\1-CURRENT\Monthly Flight Hours\[Copy of t_FH.xls]t_FH'!E:G,2,0),(LEN(VLOOKUP(F10,'\\taus-inas3\toledo_share\Depts\css\A_ILS & Reliability\Reliability\1-CURRENT\Monthly Flight Hours\[Copy of t_FH.xls]t_FH'!E:G,2,0))-FIND(" ",VLOOKUP(F10,'\\taus-inas3\toledo_share\Depts\css\A_ILS & Reliability\Reliability\1-CURRENT\Monthly Flight Hours\[Copy of t_FH.xls]t_FH'!E:G,2,0),1))),VLOOKUP(F10,'\\taus-inas3\toledo_share\Depts\css\A_ILS & Reliability\Reliability\1-CURRENT\Monthly Flight Hours\[Copy of t_FH.xls]t_FH'!E:G,2,0))

Answer : Formula, Function or Macro that will eliminate the last 6 characters from a cell value

Provided your Mac can see the video camera as the video source (either directly or via video capture card) you can use Quicktime Broadcaster ( http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/ ) to convert video feed to RTSP feed that you unicast to one IP client adress or multicast to network. You can unicast to a Quicktime Streaming Server (comes with Mac OS X Server) where you set it up to relay to one or more clients. To embed the rtsp stream on the web site you create an appropriate quicktime reference file and put it on the web site.

Boris Herman, ACSA, ACT
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us