Question : Problem installing x86 HP PCL6 driver on Windows 2003 x64 server

I have an Windows 2003 R2 x64 server I am setting up as a file/print server. I have all the printer queues setup on this server, with 64bit drivers. We still have Windows 2000 desktops on the network, so I need to add 32bit drivers to the server printer queues. One of the queue's is for an HP 8150N printer. It currently has a x64 HP LaserJet 8150 Series PCL6 driver installed. I downloaded a Windows 2000 driver for HP LaserJet 8150 Series PCL6 from the HP website, and expanded the driver into a directory. When I go into the properties of the queue driver, I then click the "Sharing" tab, and then the "Additional Drivers..." button. I then check the box for "x86 Windows 2000, ...." and hit "OK". The system then asks me for the location of the required drivers, and I point it to the directory I expanded the drivers into. The problem is, I get the message "The specified location does not contain the driver HP LaserJet 8150 series PCL 6 for the requested processor architecture." What am I doing wrong?

Answer : Problem installing x86 HP PCL6 driver on Windows 2003 x64 server

If you check the name of your driver, what is it? For instance "HP LaserJet 8150" or just "LaserJet 8150"? The reason I am asking this is because in the driver inf-file the name of the driver is "HP LaserJet 8150 Series PCL6" and if your driver name is different then windows wont recognize it. If your drive name is different then: open the hpc8150c.inf file with notepad and replace all "HP LaserJet 8150 Series PCL6" with the same name as your driver "HP LaserJet 8150" for example. Save the .inf file and then try again  

As described on:
http://superuser.com/questions/23703/installing-additional-printer-drivers-x86-on-windows-7-x64

I hope it helps, good luck!
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us