Question : Terminal Services Installation Fails on Windows Server 2008

Hello Everyone,

I am hoping some one might be able to help me with an issue I am having getting Terminal Services installed on a server that I am working with.

When I install Terminal Services as a role on my Windows Server 2008 (x64)  box, I get an error following the reboot that says:

Installation succeeded with errors:

Terminal Services
Error: Attempt to configure Terminal Server failed with error code 0x800706D9.  There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.

I am unable to connect via remote desktop to this host and even though I have successfully configured a licensing server on another machine, it does not get detected when I do a licensing diagnosis.  Entering the license server name manually in the TS config manager does not work either.

My research online has not been successful at all as the 'endpoint mapper' error seems to be a common message for a variety of issues.  I am really hoping one of you has run into the same problem.

Thanks for all you input!

Answer : Terminal Services Installation Fails on Windows Server 2008

Hello All,

Just so you all know, I was able to figure out what the problem was on my own.  Apparently, if the Windows Firewall service is not running in Windows Server 2008, the installation of Terminal Services fails.

This makes absolutely no sense to me, but enabling the firewall solved the issue.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us