Question : Bootmgr is missing, trying to import image using Windows PE/Imagex

Hello,

I am using Windows AIK and I am at the step of "deploy an image", "deploy a custom image from a network share". I have created a succesful Windows PE/Imagex image and i was able to create an image of a computer by saving the image to the c: of the same computer.  I then saved the image to a network share. Now, I want to format the drive (using the same disk i created-Windows PE) and install the image by pulling it from a network share. After i format the drive and chose to pull the image from the share, i get an error 53.  System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not found.  I know the share exists, but when i restart (I verified a connection prior) i get an error, "Bootmgr is missing", "press ctrl+alt+delete to restart". the computer will not boot and when i try to run the disk, i get the same error. So, i am stuck in an endless cycle. I think the computer is in a workgroup, before I  could access the shares by using my user name and password. Any help is much appreciated :O)

Answer : Bootmgr is missing, trying to import image using Windows PE/Imagex

This is one of the vista image issues i was having. Vista appears to be heavily based around the GUID of the HD. Normally running a repair over the top fixes this issue. But this time makes the process pointless.
From when i was reading up and trying this, the best way appears to be: run the image upload from the machine being imaged and duplicate to exact same hardware once image edited on server. Do not suse different hardware. It all gets a little complicated from here on, so i left as Vista was S*%T anyway.
Sorry no more help than this.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us