Question : FltMgr will not load in windows 2000 server

Hello

I'm getting the following error on my windows 2000 server

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: FltMgr

I need this driver in order to run my Imaging software.  I recently did a P2V and the problem started happned.

Help

thx

Jake

Answer : FltMgr will not load in windows 2000 server

Fltmgr.sys is the Filter Manager driver. It is a kernel-mode file system filter that you implement by using the legacy file system filter architecture.A file system filter driver intercepts requests targeted at a file system or another file system filter driver.

A file system filter driver intercepts requests targeted at a file system or another file system filter driver. By intercepting the request before it reaches its intended target, the filter driver can extend or replace functionality provided by the original target of the request. Examples of file system filter drivers include anti-virus filters, backup agents, and encryption products. To develop file systems and file system filter drivers, use the IFS (Installable File System) Kit, which is provided with the Windows Driver Kit (WDK).Fltmgr.sys is the Filter Manager driver. It is a kernel-mode file system filter that you implement by using the legacy file system filter architecture.

Being a kernel mode driver and given the fact that VMware redirects kernel interaction, the Fltmgr.sys driver probably needs to be modified to handle the difference.

Your best bet is probably to do a repair install of 2003.  It should reinstall fltmgr.sys.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us