Question : ISA 2006 - 12202 The ISA Server Denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL)

I have been using ISA 2006 SP1 installed on Win2k3 for sometime now.  I have several web sites published as well as Sharepoint published. These all work just fine. It has been awhile since I hade to publish another site but this time I am having issues. I created a site on IIS6. It is accessible from the inside of the network. I used the wizard to published the site on ISA. I duplicated it from the other publishing rules. When I try to connect to it with it's external IP address I get the following error in ISA...

Denied Connection ACEISA 1/11/2010 2:41:29 PM
Log type: Web Proxy (Reverse)
Status: 12202 The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL).  
Rule: Default rule
Source: Local Host (66.xxx.xxx.xxx)
Destination: (66.xxx.xxx.xxx:443)
Request: GET http://66.xxx.xxx.xxx/
Filter information: Req ID: 05ab3d55; FBA cookie: exists=yes, valid=yes, updated=no, logged off=no, client type=private, user activity=yes
Protocol: https
User: acer\name
 Additional information
Client agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.04506; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; InfoPath.2; Media Center PC 5.0; MS-RTC EA 2;
Object source: (No source information is available.)
Cache info: 0x0
Processing time: 1 ms
MIME type:  

I get throught the login form on ISA but get stop after that and get the following on the web page....

The page cannot be displayed  
Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try the following:

Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Contact the server administrator. (12202)

Any Ideas??????

Answer : ISA 2006 - 12202 The ISA Server Denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL)

it is the Default rule  that is denying that means that either

1) no rule is defined to match the criteria
2) or another rule before your publishing rule is denying access

try to move this publishing rule to the top and test again
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us