Question : Excel Athlete Evaluation Form

Hello

I have just basic knowledge when it comes to excel so what I need to do is probably easy for most of you. I would like to set up a spreadsheet for athlete evaluation (soccer). I would like to list my players, specify categories, and rate the players in each category following tryouts. rating= 1(not good)-5(very good). I know I can do this with any word proc. but heres what i need. I would like excel to sum up all the ratings per player and list them from 'best' to 'worst' based on the input in each category. How can I include all players on 1 spreadsheet? Would the 'best' to 'worst' list be on a separate sheet? Again, I'm new to this so bear with me.

I have 57 players and need to rate them in about 15 categories and need to know where they stand (rating) in comparison to all the other players and need to see all their info quickly.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks so much.

IShiva

Answer : Excel Athlete Evaluation Form

Set up column A with the players name descending, in row put the word name and then in row 2 begin.  In columns B to P (I think that is 15) put the skill set - eg running etc then next to each player rank them.

In cell Q2 type the following =sum(A2:P2)  That will give you total sum for that player.  Take your cursor to the corner of that cell, click and drag it down to the bottom of the list of names (row 58) .

You can now use the menu - data - sort.  Select your whole data area (A1:Q58) and sort by column Q - Ascending  - and here you are all of the players in ascending order by total skills ratings.

Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us