Question : Outlook 2007 client trying to download wrong default OAB

We have a new single (no upgrade) Exchange 2010 server - win 2088 x64
Our DC is windows 2003 r2 x86
50 x Outlook 2007 clients

49 of these clients display \global address list on the download OAB dialog window and work correcly

1 offending client displays "Download Offline Address Book List" and the download fails with
"Task 'Microsoft Exchange' reported error (0x80070002) : 'Cannot find this file. Verify the path and file name are correct" - (microsoft exchange is the name of the outlook setup)

Autodiscover is working well ie passes outlook connectivity test and finds user config automatically on outlook account creation

Tests completed
User A uses offending machine1
User A on machine1 fails - Download Offline Address Book List shown
User A on any other machine works correctly -  \Global Address List shown

User B on machine1 fails - Download Offline Address Book List shown
User B on any other macine work OK -   \Global Address List shown

On physical client - machine A
Removed and reinstalled entire Office 2007 installation
Removed outlook profile
created new user profile.

Problem is definitely client specific but I cannot find where?
Any help would be very much appreciated?
Other users on machine
I deleted the Outlook profile on the offending client machine and set it up again but problem persists.
I have spent a lot of time following other peoples threads on this problem but cannot find a solution.

Answer : Outlook 2007 client trying to download wrong default OAB

If you make frequent changes to the offline address book, you may want to modify the way that Outlook computers on your network access the Address Book. You can disable the downloading of the offline address book and force the Outlook computers to use the online Global Address List when they use Cached Exchange Mode.

To do this do the following but this is a workaround

Add a reg key " HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Cached Mode\ DownloadOAB"
Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 0
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us