Question : MS Oulook

Hi,

One of my outlook user was having some issues while sending the mails and I removed the MS-office 2003 and resintalled it. Created the profile and then configured outlook  it is working fine now . But I forgot to backup the file which has got the automatic address coming while typing the first letter itself. Is there anyway to retrieve that file from my system (vista business edition) as it belongs to my boss laptop.  Please help

Answer : MS Oulook

Hi,

If the nk2 file is lost from the original location, it is tough to retrieve it back. What you can do is recreate the nk2 file using the sent items and it is a well known fact that not all the email addresses that are used to send emails are from the address book in outlook and all the senior execs prefer to use the cached file as their address book.

Go to http://nk2.emenems.net/.
Click on download as zip file link and save the file to desktop  and extract it.
Run the setup.exe file
Frm the screen that pops up , choose add additional folders,
Choose sent items. once done , click on auto rebuild
the tool will go through your sent items in your outlook, you may even chooseother folders also if you want.
and it places the nk2 file back in the application data \microsft\outlook folder.

This has worked for me and saved life when it comes to ceos and all of them

all the best.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us