Question : Can't issue SSL certificate to web server - "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider"

I'm running a W2k domain with a W2k3 Certificate Authority (Enterprise, Root).  I can request a cert for SSL on the CA, but if I try to do this from another computer (XP), then I get the error on the CA: ""A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider"

After checking the event log, I also find: "Certificate Services could not process request 10 due to an error: The request's current status does not allow this operation. "

And:

"Certificate Services could not publish a Base CRL for key 0 to the following location: ldap:///CN=Medapp Root CA,CN=serv03,CN=CDP,CN=Public Key Services,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=ecfs,DC=net.  The specified server cannot perform the requested operation. "

Thank you

Answer : Can't issue SSL certificate to web server - "A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the trust provider"

Closed, 500 points refunded.
Netminder
Site Admin
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us