Question : Turn On Shortcut keys selectively to export report.

I have developed an Access 2000 app that I want to lock down pretty tightly.  For that reason the only box that I have checked in the start up specification form is 'Display Status Bar'.  I removed the check mark from 'Allow Full Menu's", "Allow Default Shortcut Menu's"  etc...  The end result is that when the user is in the app they have no Access menu bars at the top of the form and the right click menu's are not active.  They can only perform actions presented by my application.

The user have now asked for the ability to export some of the reports in Excel format.  If the shortcut keys were active this would be simple.  All they would have to do is right click while previewing the report and 'Export' would be one of the options.  Since I have this option turned off, right clicking does nothing.

How can activate the right click menu so they can export the reports they are previewing but only for this specific circustance, when they are previewing reports?  I also want to turn the ability off when they exit the preview of the report.

Answer : Turn On Shortcut keys selectively to export report.

You can't turn the system menus on and off.  You have to build your own right-click menu and associate it with a form/report or whatever.

Look here:
http://www.vb123.com/Toolshed/05_map/ch07_rightclickmenu.htm
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us