Question : Error in Certificate Request....

Hi Experts,

I am facing problem in creating an certificate. I have created a certificate request in the notepad as below:

[NewRequest]
Subject ="CN=crm2007.vj.com"
Exportable = TRUE
KeySpec = 1
MachineKeySet = TRUE
[EnhancedKeyUsageExtension]
OID = 1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.1

saved this file as bcmcert.inf. Now I ran the command in the command prompt....
certreq -new bcmcert.inf bcmcert.req.
This command has created bcmcert.req without any issues. Now I stared local Microsoft Certificate Services, and clicked on "Request a Certificate" -> "advanced certificate request" -> "submit a certificate request by using a base 64-encoded CMC...", copied the content of bcmcert.req into the text box, and clicked on submit. I got the below error........

Error  

Your request failed. An error occurred while the server was processing your request.

Contact your administrator for further assistance.

Request Mode:
newreq - New Request
Disposition:
(never set)
Disposition message:
(none)
Result:
The parameter is incorrect. 0x80070057 (WIN32: 87)
COM Error Info:
CCertRequest::Submit The parameter is incorrect. 0x80070057 (WIN32: 87)
LastStatus:
The parameter is incorrect. 0x80070057 (WIN32: 87)
Suggested Cause:
No suggestions.

Could anyone please suggest, where i have gone error? Your help will be highly appreciated...

Regards,
Phani.

Answer : Error in Certificate Request....

Alternatively, you can use IIS to create a cert and export it, or you can download open source program (a good one) called openssl - make sure to get the windows version.

here's an article on using openssl to create a certificate request - this can be done on a workstation/laptop or server.
http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/openssl-how-to-create-self-signed-certificate/
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us