Question : Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Raid/AHCI Mode not working

I had a Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard which went for warranty. In the mean time I purchased a new one because I could not afford the wait. When the mother board came after the warranty I decided to replace my Asus P5W Deluxe with this one. My previous Windows Vista was picked up by the new motherboard I just had to get it validated by Microsoft. However my previous motherboard was configured for a Raid/AHCI configuration and this motherboard by default had SATA configured as IDE. I therefore changed the configuration  of the SATA to Raid. But when ever I do that the motherboard after starting and after the initial screens stalls and then gives a blank screen. I in fact also wanted to install Windows Seven but on a Raid/AHCI configuration. I can only get the screen back after removing the motherboard cell and reverting the SATA to its default value of IDE.
What has gone wrong? Is this motherboard once again faulty or this motherboard only supports SATA as IDE or whatever

Answer : Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Raid/AHCI Mode not working

I also contacted Asus Support who advised me to update to the latest bios. And if the problem still persists RMA this motherboard as well. I upgraded the bios to the latest 0707  Dated Dec 30 2009 but however the problem remained. I think there may be a conflict with the SCSI drive with the configuration of SATA Drives as raid/AHCI. I do not want to RMA this motherboard as well the distributor will not be very happy to do it and there is a likelyhood minus the SCSI drive and all the paraphernalia the motherboard may afterall go to the Raid mode. I can install Windows Seven on the SCSI drive and be contented to see the SATA drives in the IDE mode. I would have liked if any expert had configured this motherboard SATA drive in the raid mode minus or plus with the SCSI or SAS. Any how I think this is the solution and I wish to close this case
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us