Question : SharePoint Dataview Where Lists Act Like Joined Tables

There are many articles out there on how to link two lists in a dataview to act like joined tables.  However all the articles I have seen just link two tables.  What if you want a linking table that hold the foreign keys of several tales to, and you want the dataview to give you a grid that looks somewhat like a pivot table? It does not have to work as a pivot table in terms of being able to drop fields, etc, but the output should look like one.  
So imagine a 4 table ERD as shownin the attached image. How do you achieve a data view that looks like the attached grid image using SharePoint lists and building the databiew in SharePoint designer?
Note the rank table carries the foreign keys of the other tables as links, plus the numeric data that is show in the center area of the data view grid.  Also notice that a numeric average is calculated both vertically and horizonatlly in the grid. This is nice to have, but not requried.

Answer : SharePoint Dataview Where Lists Act Like Joined Tables

Ah, sorry I was so focused on retrieving/storing the data I forgot about the layout of your grid.  I think your only choice to achieve that type of layout is applying XSLT to the results returned in your data view query.
Random Solutions  

programming4us programming4us